Little River Baptist Church Secretary Job Description:
Overview: The Church Secretary performs the administrtive tasks for the church as related to the business administration of the church and encompasses finances, publications, documents, files, and telephone call.s
The administrative functions of the church secretary include general secretarial duties, such as filing, receiving and making calls, keeping dates and appointments, organizing notifications for baptisms, weddings, and funeral congregations.
This individual adheres to the Statement of Faith adopted by Little River Baptist CHurch or Penrose, Inc.
- General secretarial experience in establishing and maintaining a central filing system.
- Basic computer skills in general and specific software programs such as word processing, spreadsheets, and publishing.
- Knowledge of and afamiliarity with accounting and accounting softwares preferred.
- Familiarity with software programs to include financial recordkeeping and membership information.
- Capable of multitasking
- Possesses interpersonal social skills and treats church members with compassiont, respect, and understanding.
- Maintains confidentiality on information regarding the administration of the church.
- Education: High School diploma required, Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of explaining the beliefs adopted by the Church
- Processes and controls the funds received by the church and expenses incurred for the administration of the church.
- maintains files for all church administrative functions to include staff meetings, church business meetings, documents, charities, donations received, assets and liabilities, if any.
- Provides church telephone reception during work hours to include answering phone, taking messages, directing calls to appropriate church staff; shares pertinent information with staff to include issues with sickness, surgery, birth, death, hosptializations, and/or crisis within the cchurch community.
- Develops and publishes church bulletin, updates church calendar and notic board.
- Ensures church documents are publishes and circulated to all the church members, as needed.
- Manages church postal activities and disseminates correspondence to the appropriate church staff members.
- Maintains a permanent record of all the church members.
- Prepares annual and monthly reports on the church's financial performance and attends church business meetings.
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of church office equipment and assets.
- Prepares applicable payroll and tax documents
- Serves as Liaison to appropriate church personnel for benevolence requests.
We are currently seeking someone to fill this position.
This is a part time position -- potentially 15-20 hours/week.
If you believe that you are being called to be considered for this position, please prayerfully submit your resume to
If you have additional questions, please submit those to the above email address also.